Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 3

Today is day 3 of the Daniel fast. Feeling ok today. I had a headache this morning, but that slowly went away. The cravings aren't too bad. Somebody brought some pumpkin bread to the office today and I do have to look the other way ever time I see it. And I would definitely like a coke, but water still tastes good.

Last night I bought some whole grain wheat crackers - which I normally run away from. Surprisingly, they were incredible! I love wheat crackers! One thing about this fast - I've learned to enjoy wheat crackers. And I've probably come to appreciate other simple things as well. Simple things like writing down my thoughts here, despite the lack of eloquence.

And today I'm rejoicing for what God is doing here. I'm rejoicing for others who have joined the fast because they want to grow closer to the Lord and see what amazing things are in store when we trust and obey. I'm encouraged by the conversations, emails, and text messages from those who are sharing this experience. This is cool! (No, I can't yet use the word incredible like I did for the wheat crackers). Still struggling, still working, still pressing on towards the prize. The End will surpass all expectations.

No comments: