Friday, June 27, 2008

FRESH

That's right. I've entitled this blog fresh. A word that I seldom use unless I'm talking about food. But I've been saying it a lot lately - trying to describe the current spiritual state of my surroundings.

According to dictionary.com fresh is an adjective that means "newly made or obtained." What God is doing in my life and the lives of many around me is new.

A friend of mine shared a verse with me last year that I thought was really cool, but never really came to life until recently - and it has come up alot. Isaiah 43:18,19: Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

God is doing a new thing around me and it's exciting to see. Talking to people and overhearing other people's conversations - it's a common feeling around here. At the same time it's very uncertain, and a little scary because I know that when God works He will work in a new way, and it won't be what any of us expect, and it won't be easy.

So why fresh? Because it's alive! When I hear the word new I think of an object to be posessed. But using the word fresh helps me know that what God is doing lives and breathes. It will grow and move. And though it might be a painful process it will be sweet in the end.

No comments: