Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Streamline

One of the definitions of the word streamline that relates to meteorology: On a weather chart, a line that is tangent to the flow of the wind.


This morning I was contemplating our study of Malachi and how it relates to my life. In Malachi 1 we see God rebuking the people of Israel for offering up animal sacrifices that were cripple, lame, stolen, and blemished. They were basically giving to God something that cost them nothing. And God says He'd prefer that they shut the doors to the temple rather than sacrifice half-heartedly to Him.


This made me think of the things that I do for the Lord that are only half-hearted or less. Do I give my best to God in everything I do? No. Why not? First of all because I can be lazy. I have to fight this frequently in order to give God the best of what I can give (what He's already given me). But a big reason is also because I'm busy. I've got too much going on and God gets the leftovers. 


I love this word streamline, and I feel that in order to give God my best I need to streamline my life so that it flows with His will, His Spirit. What are those things I've got going on that don't relate to what He is doing? What are those things in my life that aren't tangent to the flow of the Holy Spirit? Those are the things that have to go. And when I give the best out of everything I do - the things He has called me to - then my will will be flowing with His and I'll be best able to follow where He is taking me. 

No comments: